- The ole ordered a 0603 and it was metric instead resulting in an 0201 imperial chip component.
- 0.6mm x 0.3mm = 0.024” x 0.012”
- 0201 imperial chip size only size that does not match the actual size
- Imperial 0201 is 24mil x 12mil… not 20mil x 10mil like the name implies
- Imperial 0603 is 60mil x 30mil
- 0603 metric is the only standard metric size that has the same size code as an imperial one!
- Does anyone actually use the metric sizing for chip components?
- Hardware v software – Features and their impact
- needs a lot of motivation to make a feature. It is slow and deliberate. Removing features is a big deal
- features by default cannot break the device unless extreme cases are encountered
- Software is “easier” to flip the switch on features.
- Have to consider all the ways this will break things.
- Kicad – Panelization
- Moving between layers has hotkeys – yay
- Middle mouse now by default pans and wheel is zoom
- Snap to points is huge
- Creating arrays actually creates arrays
- There are pluses and minuses to this.
- Ref Des is maintained!
- Changes to one board are not copied!
- Holes are not a function…..They are a footprint and therefore need to be created.
- Most tutorials suggest that Mouse bites be made a part….
- Buying new machines
- Sometimes being an engineer is annoying but you still have to do it
- Learn from my experience
- Air Hose
- Power Cable
- If you are a machine provider also consider these things
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!