- Stephen has completed the SSPS Analog board. See Figure 1. Testing will begin early next week.
- The Macro Amp that Stephen has been working on is almost done. He just needs to solder the through hole onto the board. See Figure 2.
- Stephen has been working with Altium this past couple weeks while doing DFM work for customers. He would like the software if it didn’t cost $15K.
- Parker finished programming the new revision of the MacroWatch V2. See Figure 3. Uses the EFM8SB10F2G in a QFN-20 package. EFM8 series has tons of built in peripherals. Reduced power consumption by 5 fold.
- KiCad will be adding built in SPICE simulation to the schematic portion. Stephen is now willing to try out the EDA tool.
- ARM was purchased by SoftBank for $32 Billion. Parker and Stephen talk about the implications of this purchase. The ARM founder isn’t to happy about the deal.
- Microchip will be boosting the Atmel AVR8 product line later this summer.
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro theme!