- DC heaters continued
- Tested the new values
- Last episode was shooting for ~250mW of dissipation in the regulator and transistor
- Measuring closer to 350mW
- Quiescent current and some balancing and tolerance
- Opamp clamping circuit
- A useful voltage clamping circuit with independent upper and lower thresholds
- Much more accurate than the simple clipping circuits
- Hard turn on characteristics
- Can be overdriven without much issues
- Not terribly expensive
- 3 or 4 opamps needed
- Not particularly fast – starts to show issues past 20k and is pretty bad at 30k
- Small overshoot that is frequency dependent
- Does not work with opamps that have input protection diodes
- Brewery Updates!
- Waiting on
- Stainless mesh basket
- What is left
- Design and build the grain crane
- Mount electrical box
- Finish wiring
- Paint and sealant
- Electrical Box
- Might have put the power input in the wrong spot!
- Need to finish the wiring.. Need to order more wire I think…
- Rules of thumb – Are they obsolete?
- Next week we have Al Williams on from Hack a Day
- If anyone has any questions for him let us know in slack!
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!