- Stephen continues his work on the Stupid Simple Power Supply (SSPS). He decided to go digital voltage control over analog. Also he has been trying out MultiSIM BLUE by Mouser for circuit simulation. See figure 1.
- Parker has been working on a X-Y gantry platform and an industrial level controller based on the Parallax Propeller P8X32A. See figure 2.
- OpenBuilds Linear Rail V-Slot.
- R/C StrandBeest. The original ones are giant monsters of kinetic art.
- Atmel releases the ATmega328PB. Has essentially double what the original 328P had. Only comes in SMT packages. Supports capacitive buttons built in which is cool!
- Parker decides that the lower the voltage a MCU can run at the better.
- Xilinx rumored to be bought by some unknown company. Stephen and Parker guess what company it is.
- To all chip and part manufactures out there, dimension to the center of pads please. Thanks.
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro theme!