Avoiding Line-Down and Production Stops At The Design Stage
Presented: March 3, 2022
Nearly every Bill of Materials has one or more line items that are single-sourced: only one component from one manufacturer is allowed. Single-sourcing materials is the most common cause of unavailability, and therefore, delayed or halted production.
Join us as we discuss the importance of Designing for Availability: rules and strategies for design engineers to support continued manufacturing in times of ever-increasing supply chain delays.
You will learn:
- The importance of having multiple vendors for every critical material in your design
- Strategies for diversifying and reacting to changing market conditions
- Modular design approaches
- Software-designed features
- Single-sourcing approval processes
- Using digital platforms to inform sourcing decisions during design
Register Below to Watch