- August Hardware & Electronics Engineering Meetup by MacroFab & Mouser Electronics event is live! Come grab some food, beer, and socializing if you’re in the Houston area.
- Eddie Samuels
- Been soldering and dremeling since the 7th grade
- The first thing he built was a simple 7805 mp3 battery charger, guided by one of the original hackaday.com projects
- Went on to get his EE degree at the University of Rochester and work for a year in the defense industry before moving to San Francisco to work at comma.ai
- Underwater Rover Project
- Project while in college
- Sealing the unit was the hardest part
- Moisture sensor built with strips of aluminum tape
- EV Jetta
- Open source self-driving cars
- Panda – the nicest universal car interface ever
- Car bounties
- Earn $5 to $10k by porting the code to other vehicles
- Cabana – Demo
- Order a Panda! Use it with cabana here!
- Stephens Game – How would you get a ball out of a tube?
- Eddie – use a laser cutter
- Stephen – potato cannon, making his own gun powder
- Parker – squeezes the tube like toothpaste
- Leave your answer in the comments below!
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!