- MacroFab will be at the Houston Maker Faire this weekend. Stop by and meet us!
- The FX Dev board’s crowd funding campaign is almost ready to launch. The video for it is in post production now. It is awesome and Stephen can’t wait to upload it.
- The fixture Parker designed for the selective solder is working. Allows 16″x16″ panels on the machine while supporting the middle with a magnet. Stephen has been adjusting the machine to make it fit. See Figure 1.
- Parker’s LED clock idea will need some slight revising after he did a bit of napkin math and realized his clock will take almost 3kW of power to light up all the segments.
- The MacroDuino Light Tower will be at Maker Faire. It is using a TGS2602 to measure VOC levels in the air.
- Stephen needs to repair his Hakko FR-300 Desoldering Gun. Unfortunately Hakko does not sell the part he needs.
- Visual Guide to the Best Hacker T-Shirts. The MacroFab shirt is missing from this collection. We must fix that! See Figure 2.
- Samsung can’t catch a break. Top loading washing machines exploding. The washing machine top can unexpectedly detach from the washing machine chassis during use, posing a risk of injury from impact.
- SciShow Space. This is the channel Stephen mentioned. Video about the Pioneer probes being off course.
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!