Pool Shark Update!
- 668,000 domestic manufacturing jobs
- Global Unemployment. Do we have enough people for this?
- What technology are they aiming for?
Here’s the latest hot list of cool chip fabs coming to the US
- 180nm down to 12nm
- New Mexico
- Memory Chips
- High end computing
- Texas Instruments
- 45nm+ analog, embedded electronics
- Articles say it will complement other factories already in Texas
- Worlds largest silicon carbide manufacturing facility
- Much higher power devices with higher voltage capabilities due to large band gap
Failure Friday – Break something at the office this week? We want to hear about it!
- Billed the wrong phase of a project
- Dry air means static buildup, I don’t think my 3v test circuit appreciated being a path to ground :’-(
- I ran over a 3D printer with a forklift
- Saw a customer supplied “napkin sketch” that stated 12’x12″ (12 feet x 12 inches).
- “I read it as 12 inches x 12 inches, product was cut to that size.”
- Customer was not happy
- Sparky sparky boom boom
What to do to make your open source project more accessible – or more popular
- Use popular tool chains and environments for ease of access
- If the tool chain is not simple to install, offer a docker or really good instructions
- Document your process and have someone test your instructions!
- Cherish all feedback
- If someone has a problem, do not say “works for me”
- They may have found an edge case to fix!
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!