Project: Diff Probe
- Circuit Cellar design
- Hack a Day project
- Active Differential probe with 600V Common mode and 600V differential mode
- Measure virtually any two points. No need for ground reference.
- Perhaps a battery system with a boost converter?
- Excuse to finally use that 3d printer to make a case
- Basically all precision components
- Decided to make an enclosure that better suits my use case
- Stripped down from last time. It does not need all the bells and whistles from last time.
- Fixed sockets
- FTDI and SMPS for 6.3V and 19.5V
- Instant obsolescence
- No phase-out period
- Foundries are booked three years out
- Suppliers are working on their most profitable lines and filling standing orders
- New fabs coming online won’t be buying old wafer equipment
- New foundries will be making new parts
- Avoiding instant obsolescence
- What parts are more readily available and are continuity coming back into stock
- Look at the market segments using the components you need
- Put out orders for the components that you need regardless of lead times.
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!