- Parker designed the MacroDuino! Basically an Arduino clone using Type C USB, a FT230X as the USB UART bridge, and proper power switching with the Ti TPS2113A. (See Figure 1). Also supports 3.3V and 5.0V.
- Earlier this week Parker had an article about adding external Part Libraries and DRC rules to Eagle. Check it out here.
- Some new work on the PinHeck Pinball System. Parker is working on adding the Octavo OSD3358 to replace the Parallax Propeller as the A/V processor.
- Stephen has been working on his Brewing Rig. He is giving a talk at Destination Codes about the Brewing Rig since it will involve programming and hardware.
- For flow control, Stephen is using a Atlas Scientific flow meter and a motorized ball valve from Amazon.
- LattePanda is the platform Stephen wants to use for the Brewing Rig. Runs Windows10.
- KAIST process engineers at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology have developed a chip packaging technology that creates flexible integrated circuits. The substrate they designed is very interesting.
- Fixing the Ampere: Redefining the SI Unit.
- ON cleared to buy Fairchild. ON has received the US FTC’s blessing to proceed with its $2.4 billion takeover of Fairchild on condition that it sells off the Ignition IGBT business.
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro theme!