- Our Guest this week is Kwabena Agyeman who runs OpenMV (Figure 1).
- The OpenMV project is about creating low-cost, extensible, Python-powered, machine vision modules and aims at becoming the “Arduino of Machine Vision” (Figure 2).
- Parker is using an OpenMV camera for the first iteration of the Semi-Automatic Inspection Machine.
- The great thing about Open Source is that you can fix bugs.
- OpenMV started as a Kickstarter.
- The original OV2640 Omni Vision camera sensor was discontinued and gray market parts where found but didn’t work. Replaced with the OV7725.
- KeySniffer sniffs cheap wireless keyboard protocols. We should take a page from BSG and go all wired to prevent Cylon infiltration.
- Facebook has a new Area 404 Hardware division. Could see some interesting hardware come out of this? Possibly similar to Bell Labs of ole?
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro theme!