- Stephen has been working on making the copper buss bars for the SSPS Energon cube. See Figure 1.
- We calculated that the resistance of the copper buss bars is 0.00458 ohms or 4.58 mohm. Our measurements show 2.5 mohm. See Figure 2.
- The Macro Amp board is populated. Now the enclosure needs to be made. Stephen thinks he will use Parts Badger to make the mounting plate for the amp.
- Parker has been updating the MacroFab part libraries for Eagle and will move onto Diptrace soon. He also has been writing articles for eagle that will be coming out soon.
- Parker got USB 2.0 working on a Type C connector using the FTDI FT230X chip.
- Parker is working on a new layout to add to pre-existing designs which utilizes MacroFab’s standard PCB specifications (5 mil trace width, 12 mil drill, 6 mill annular ring).
- Analog Devices is in the process of purchasing Linear Technology for $14.8 billion. We discuss what will happen to the datasheets and LT Spice.
- Avnet outbids Daetwyler to purchase Farnell for $691 million (the owner of Element 14 and supplier of the Raspberry pi).
- Parker presents his method of hacking Pokemon Go – tap into the data lines on the hardware and send the software phony GPS data. This would be a true hardware hack.
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro theme!