The MacroFab Engineering Podcast Design Contest sponsored by Mouser Electronics currently going on! The topic is Useless Machines! We have cash prizes up to $1000 for the winners. The deadline is August 10th and it is closing fast! More information can be found on here!
- Was on previous podcast episodes:
- AND!XOR Badge is going to be free to people at the conference thanks to sponsors and philanthropists
- Design elements – dithered silk, exposed copper, light pipes
- Major hardware elements
- FT2232 Hardware Hacking Swiss Army Knife
- Release Trailer
- Really cool Hackaday article covering the Badge and SAOs
- DOOM SAO is out in the wild
- We managed to implement all the features!
- Github is public. Open Sourced!
- PinoTaur is flipping a pinball machine
- Only one Hardware bug
- Implemented MPF so that works!
- MacroAmp is complete
- Built and functioning
- Bad datasheets – Dont trust footprints
- Design Contest Enclosure for Trophy
- Overly beefy
- Made from a piece of 10” x 36” x 0.25”
- Honey, I Shrunk the Raspberry Pi!
- ArduCam shrunk the Raspberry Pi to a small System-on-Module board with castellated edges
- Broadcom SoC is not publically available so how did they do it?
- USB Type-C Raspberry Pi 4 issues!
- Recognized as an Audio device
- Sony Crowdfunded personal A/C?
- Reon Pocket wearable A/C and Heater
- Uses a peltier cooler
- Micro-Sized Flex For Commercial Quality Bodging
- Could be a good fix for the Raspberry Pi Foundation 😉
- DefCon is next week: What are y’all excited about?
Visit our Public Slack Channel and join the conversation in between episodes!
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!