- The leader of the Application Engineering team at Xometry
- Xometry is an online instant quoting platform for custom manufacturing projects, which utilize a professional network of thousands of manufacturers
- Greg’s team handles special case projects that require attention to material selection, design-for-manufacturing, and technical engineering resources
- Plays a vital role in vetting new technologies and materials to add to Xometry’s manufacturing portfolio
- Background is in product development using rapid prototyping, focusing on the various applications of industrial 3D printing and advanced manufacturing
- Uploading and interpreting customer’s files
- Can uploading to the cloud replace drawings?
- Drawings contain so much information that is necessary
- Is it too easy to just dump in a 3d model and not worry about the rest?
- Experienced vs Newbie customers – What kind of resources exist for both?
- Tolerances and Stackup
- How is “digital manufacturing” replacing the more traditional customer/manufacturer relationships?
- Approvals and certifications?
- Inspections and reports?
- If a customer wishes to do a walk through or receive specific factory information is that available?
The Network of Partners
- How to handle capability?
- Lead times?
Visit our Public Slack Channel and join the conversation in between episodes!
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!