- Has spent the past decade taking hardware products from early concept through high-volume production
- Received a MS in Electrical Engineering from Stanford
- Led several projects at Apple and Square
- Founding team member at Pearl Automation, a vehicle technology startup
- Developed products that have shipped tens of millions of units
- Spent over a year on the ground in Asia working closely with manufacturers and suppliers
- Recently joined Root Ventures, a seed-stage hard tech venture capital firm, as a partner
- At Root, Chrissy invests in deeply technical teams that are solving problems in robotics, hardware, industrial automation, AI, and machine learning
- Engineering – scripting for military applications
- Project Management
- Large Scale Manufacturing
Very High volume manufacturing
- What do you need to consider?
- The path from nothing to something
- Test runs?
- Testing and Validation
- Every unit? Batch? First Article?
- What do you do with failed units?
Working with Tier 1 Manufacturers
- How do you get started and what do you need to know?
- Pet peeves of Manufacturing
Visit our Public Slack Channel and join the conversation in between episodes!
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!