Check out our new MacroFab Design Contest: Useless Machine Sponsored by Mouser Electronics!
First “Entry” by Gerben! This must be made.
- Transformer Shop Story
- What is different between a power transformer and an output transformer?
- DOOM SAO
- EEPROM interface working for single read and write bytes
- Functionality of the base firmware for the Screen functionality
- Shows the normal Face.
- GPIO 1 on the SAO connector toggles where the Face looks
- EEPROM address locations for “damage” and “anger”
- Github still needs to be cleaned up before public
- Enclosure and other parts arrive tomorrow
- Thank you to Mouser Electronics for sponsoring this project!
- Kraig Brewing Controller
- Creating a new controller for controlling my beer fridge
- 6 temperature probes
- Averaging is useful
- Wifi Connectivity
- Silicon Labs solution
- External Antenna
- Silicon Labs
- Screen and a few buttons
- Takachi Enclosure
- Confirmed: NASA Has Been Hacked
- An audit document from the U.S. Office of the Inspector General was published by NASA this week which revealed that an unauthorized Raspberry Pi computer connected to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory servers was a targeted vector by hackers, who used it to move further into the NASA network. Supposedly, the hackers got as far as the Deep Space Network array of radio telescopes and other JPL systems.
- Research Platform FLIP (FLoating Instrument Platform)
- 355-foot-long research platform that can be deployed for oceanographic research
- Automated Dice Tester Uses Machine Vision To Ensure A Fair Game
- 62-page report of results
- Some dice are inherently not fair due to manufacturing process
- Raspberry Pi 4 Released
- Type-C for power
- USB 3.0
- MOAR RAM
- 2 HDMI ports and 4K resolution
- GE Light Bulbs Reset Procedure
- Taking the internet by storm
- Involves lots of on and off
- How would you implement a reset procedure with only a binary input?
Visit our Public Slack Channel and join the conversation in between episodes!
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!