- A freelance Interactive Art Director and Graphic Designer
- Born in Moscow, Russia and raised in Los Angeles, California
- Nick has worked on a wide variety of art direction and graphic design projects
- Nick started Bitty, a pocket drum machine, 3 and a half years ago
- “I think the edge that I have to bring to a hardware product is graphic design”
What is the bitty?
- Kickstarter project
- A pocket drum machine
- Specs on Bitty
- Sine / square / saw / triangle waves (it’s all there, noise too.)
- Sample playback – 16khz samples
- Polyphony – 4 voices is easy, depending on the complexity of the patch, 8-16 voices is possible
- Filters – Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch
- Patterns / Arpeggiation
How did you get into hardware design from graphic design?
- Product look and feel
- Process of iterations? What do you look for in the design?
Links and Callouts
Visit our Public Slack Channel and join the conversation in between episodes!
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!