- Four cash prizes!
- First Place: $1000
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $250
- MacroFab Podcast Favorite: $1000 and a Useless Trophy
- Contest runs 8 AM CST June 1st, 2019 through 8 AM CST August 10, 2019
- How to Enter your Useless Project
- Build an electronic project that is useless
- Document it as a new project on Hackaday.io
Tag it with “MacroFab Design Contest: Useless Machine”
- More rules and information on the blog
- Arm gives up control of IP to China
- Softbank, sold the 51% share of Arm China to the Chinese
- Major Google Services Outage
- Nest was down. No A/C and Doors couldn’t be unlocked
- Services rendered YouTube, Gmail, and Snapchat
- Google Cloud on the backend
- Squirrels and Security — It’s a Thing!
- They’re cute, they’re fuzzy, and they pose a major threat to our cyber-infrastructure.
- “Frankly, the No. 1 threat experienced to date by the U.S. electrical grid is squirrels”
- This map lists all unclassified Cyber Squirrel Operations that have been released to the public that we have been able to confirm.
Visit our Public Slack Channel and join the conversation in between episodes!
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!