- Stephen built a power supply for an old school tube microphone for Josh. Josh does the recordings for the Podcast. See Figure 1 for the schematic.
- Microphone is a Sony C37 tube condenser microphone.
- Parker has been working on an article for the blog about designing and building simple test fixtures for low to medium volume production runs. See Figure 2.
- Parker has also been working on code to run a large VFD display. Part number is CU40045-UW1J. This is for Parker’s fan controller for his Jeep. See Figure 3.
- Blunty released a really cool video of a tour of the Nvidia Silicon Failure Analysis Lab. The equipment is pricey! They can pinpoint the exact transistor that fails on the die.
- Microchip released the PICDEM Lab II. Parker used a PICDEM Lab I for developing the MacroWatch REV 1. Stephen was watching the video about it and the recommended video was about Dave Jones ragging on the PICKIT 3.
- Desktop Siege Cannon that uses flash paper to make a fireball. Should we design an ECE version that uses electrolytic capacitors charged in reverse polarity to cause them to rocket out the barrel?
- Big Clive took apart a USB soldering iron that actually works! Parker thinks with USB 3.1’s higher power rating of 100W a serious soldering iron could be designed.
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro theme!