- New Engineering Article
- Raspberry Pi Compute Module Motherboard
- Continuation from the Compute Module board from last year
- Added the PCM5122 audio DAC
- Learning about USB HUB design
- TPS2044 for overcurrent protection
- Only rated for 500mA
- USB spec says only 120uF cap per hub required but 100uF per port is recommended with low ESR
- USB DM/DP signals require around 227-ohmtermination resistors
- Optional filter of 22pF recommended for EMI suppression
- This creates a “low pass” filter with a cut off of 267.9 MHz
- 12M bit/sec full Speed USB 12MHz, well under this cut off
- Rapid Fire Opinion (R.F.O.)
- MacroFab is Hiring!
- Apply here
Visit our Slack Channel and join the conversation in between episodes!
If you have a cool idea, project or topic that you want Stephen and me to discuss, tweet at us @MacroFab or email us.
If you are not subscribed to the podcast yet, click that subscribe button. That way you get the latest MEP episode right when it releases. And please review us, wherever you listen (PodcastAddict, iTunes), it helps this show stay visible and helps new listeners find us. (:
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!