- I/O Expanders Verse Shift Registers?
- Wagon Tach Project
- 3D printed the housing
- Need to run the wire from the distributor to inside the cab
- To knock down the distributor signal
- In series diode to prevent negative flyback? voltage from affecting circuit
- Resistor divider
- Zener diode to clamp to 4.7V
- H11L1M – Schmitt Trigger Opto
- MacroAmp Testing
- Used a variac to bring the amp up to voltage
- Found some of the resistances were too high
- It can be difficult to determine what a transformer tap will produce – I chose to guesstimate and fix it later…it works
- Higher gain when powered from the transformer. About 100x gain
- Tested into a Power amp – Works
- HUGE ISSUE: MICROPHONIC TUBES
- Next steps – Get everything in the enclosure. Wire the output transformers
- Chip component gets heat out of tight spots without leaking electrons
- TT Electronics has introduced a surface-mount component designed exclusively to get heat out of tight spots.
- SMD thermal junctions that can be placed with a pick and place
- Can use creative thermal paths instead of more traditional “heat planes”
- Server maker Super Micro to ditch ‘made-in-China’ parts on spy fears
- Check out Episode 142 of the MEP with Misha and Church
- This a security move or just money due to tariffs?
- Was there something TO the Bloomberg article that caused this to happen behind the scenes?
- On better datasheets
- Suggested alternate reading: https://www.embeddedrelated.com/showarticle/809.php
- Manufacturers could provide a “legend” or “guide” for their family of datasheets
- Don’t just photocopy your old datasheet and slap your name on top. Do just a little bit of effort and make a new datasheet. Also if you do photocopy anything AT LEAST DO IT STRAIGHT.
Visit our Public Slack Channel and join the conversation in between episodes!
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!