- John Waidner
- Electronics Engineer with a background in Logic design, analog circuit, system integration and testing
- Currently John is a mentor for the TechHOUNDS and volunteers for the Boy Scouts of America
- Derek Fronek
- High school student from Carmel High School
- Part of the Carmel High School robotics team the TechHOUNDS
- What are the TechHOUNDS and how did you start?
- Leadership? Who leads the group?
- Robot Ops
- Information Technology
- Public Relations
- How do you handle the overlap between divisions?
- Derek – What division are you most involved with?
- John – How involved are you in the process?
- What is FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- Who can be a part of FIRST?
- How to get involved
- Competing in FRC (First Robotics Competition)
- What are the competitions?
- How does your team prepare for them?
- Who gets to go?
- Who gets to drive the bot?
- The TechHOUNDS youtube channel has lots of videos of the robot and competitions the group has been in
- What is next for the TechHOUNDS?
Visit our Slack Channel and join the conversation in between episodes and please review us, wherever you listen (PodcastAddict, iTunes). It helps this show stay visible and helps new listeners find us.
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!