Need help? Get in touch.
Last Revised: 2016-05-16
Our goal at MacroFab is to provide the best electronics manufacturing service possible. We make money by manufacturing great products for you, not by selling information to others.
The information we collect from you is limited to that which is necessary to provide the service(s) you request, and to maintain the security and reliability of the computer systems used to provide these service.
We do not:
- Sell information you provide us to 3rd parties, or otherwise provide information to 3rd parties for the purpose of marketing non-MacroFab services to you
- Provide others access to information about yourself or the materials you upload to us unless you specifically ask us to do so, or use any features we may provide to share that information publicly
- Put in place all reasonable safeguards to protect the private information you provide to us, including, but not limited to your electronics designs, bills of materials, shipping information, software, your email address, and all other contact information
- Provide the ability to opt-out of any promotional correspondence we may send to you
- Provide the ability to permanently delete any and all information you have uploaded to us, except data related to orders you have placed, by emailing us at email@example.com
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you participate in any interactive features of our services, upload design files, request customer support, provide any contact or identifying information or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include electronics design files, software, bills of materials, your name, email address, mailing address, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Use of Information
We use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our services;
- Provide services you request, process transactions and to send you related information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about news and information related to our service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our services; and
- Personalize and improve our services.
By accessing and using our services, you consent to the processing and transfer of your information in and to the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third party vendors and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf, such as shipping carriers, freight agents, and payment processing services;
- If we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- To enforce applicable user agreements or policies, including our Terms of Service, and to protect us, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities;
- In connection with any merger, sale of MacroFab assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
Third Party Analytics
We send information to Heap Analytics, Google Analytics, and SharpSpring for the purpose of monitoring application usage, identifying performance issues, optimizing user experience, and marketing automation. User information we provide is obfuscated to minimize potential information leakage outside of our service, however certain interactions with the website may result in some user identifying information being sent without having been obfuscated first.
We take reasonable measures to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Information Choices
We require the use of session cookies, which are not stored after you close your browser, to use our services. These cookies are used to track authentication and to protect you from misuse of our web application by others. These cookies are not used as tracking cookies for the purposes of marketing, and are not sent to any third party at any time.
You may opt out of receiving any promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, please note, that we expressly do not share any information with 3rd parties for the purpose of their direct marketing.