Python Demo for Extra Life API
- Stream Date: November 5th, 2022
- Python to OBS functioning!
- Websockets. What are they?
- HTTP is unidirectional where the client sends the request and the server sends the response
- Websocket data is continuously pushed/transmitted into the same connection
- OBS has a built in local server that you can establish a websocket with another application
- Python module obswebsocket
- Provides a wrapper for all the OBS websocket functions
- Can basically control anything in OBS it seems
- Documentation is a bit lacking and module is out of date
- Build animations and transitions in OBS and modify them with the python connection
- Building a donation progress tracker?
Signal switching tips
- Maneuvering signals around your design
- Methods of switching on and off portions of your circuit
- DG series of analog switches
- Virtually every configuration
- single, dual, quad SPSTs and SPDTs, 4:1 and 8:1 multiplexers
- Many have separate control and signal voltage inputs
Estimating project time
- Follow up from slack
- Josh Pieper – Doomcheck
- Takes in a text file and uses probability distribution to estimate timing for projects
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!