- AMD to buy Xilinx for $35 billion in stock
- Wasn’t that long ago that Intel bought Altera
- Why such a merger?
- Sharing topography, technology, and manufacturing techniques
- Tariffs and the Election
- Engineers and Manufacturers have been decoupling from China for the last 4 years
- The big question is what happens next.
- If Biden wins, are the Trump tariffs gone? Or will we keep them? What happens if Trump wins?
- Tesla self driving
- Imagine learning there is no autonomous driving and it’s just a bunch of dudes mechanically turking your car
- This could be the end game with Starlink. Work from Home Uber to drive cars!
- Johnny Cab
- Revitalizing old products
- What and how to “modernize” electronics
- Design decisions
- Through Hole vs SMD
- Component Placement
- Design for machines
- Keeping the spirit of the original
- Beware of single sourcing
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!