Episode 200 is Coming Up!
- Question / Answer setup like Episode 100
- Send them via Audio Format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The leader of the Application Engineering team at Xometry an online instant quoting platform for custom manufacturing projects, which utilize a professional network of thousands of manufacturers
- His background is in applied additive manufacturing, having experience as an engineer, running machines, and ultimately using the parts
- Was last on the podcast for episode 181 where we talked Xometry, Pizza, and digital manufacturing
- What is 3D printing, what makes it different from CNC, molding?
- Specifications for 3D printing
- How does the designer give the specifications/tolerance?
- Screws: 3d printing threads, self tappers, inserts
- Does and don’ts of designing stuff for 3D printing
- 3D printing in scale – how do you scale up?
- The pros and cons of running your own 3D printer versus say using a service to order things
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!