- Founder of Rheingold Heavy and Manufacturing Reports
- Is passionate about education, and works every day to demystify technology and teach how to measure the world around you
- Rheingold Heavy and Manufacturing Reports is Dan’s effort to provide the community materials he wished he had when he was first getting started in electronics and technology
- Also drove a forklift for a living and suggests you should give it a try
PCB Manufacturer Reviews
- What is Manufacturing Reports? Brief overview.
- What is Rheingold Heavy and how did that evolve to form Manufacturing Reports
- PCB Manufacturers Reviews
- What Criteria do you look at?
- Things like “How good does it look” are subjective. How do you eliminate this?
- Is there a test PCB?
- Has a PCB manufacturer come back about all the “interesting” features
- What things are on the test pcb?
- Why HASL?
- One criteria I would like to see is resistance to reworking
- Board house modification
- Did you notice any of the board houses making changes to your pcbs?
- What is one of the worst PCBs you have ever seen
- What is next?
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!