- Heads up the Engineering and New Product Development Departments at Seymour Duncan
- Does the electronic and mechanical design, pickup design, tooling and fixture design
- He has worn a lot of hats in his 40 years at Seymour Duncan by starting out as production supervisor and manufacturing engineer in 1979
How does an engineer sell a creative idea?
- Idea generation
- Turning sound into a design. What drives the product?
- Audience? Use Case?
- Rigid design vs Playful experimentation
- Design iteration
- Who says go/no go to new designs?
- When or how do you say that you are complete?
- What happens if you just don’t like it?
- How much input is too much on a creative design?
- Trust – engineers/marketing/sales?
KiCon 2019 is a user conference for the popular open source CAD program KiCad. Happening April 26th and 27th 2019 in Chicago IL, this is the first and largest gathering of hardware developers using KiCad. Talks at the conference will span hardware design, revision control, scripting, manufacturing considerations, proper library management and getting started developing the underlying tools. All announced talks have been listed on the conference site.
Visit our Public Slack Channel and join the conversation in between episodes!
Special thanks to whixr over at Tymkrs for the intro and outro!