Welcome back everyone! This week on the MacroRoundup: Flying Foxes, LGT8F328 MCUs, PCB Guidelines, and Operational Transconductance Amplifiers!
Interesting Links and Articles
- Festo’s New Bionic Robots Include Rolling Spider, Flying Fox
- Interesting and unique kinematics for robots
- How far can you push 3D printing enclosures for products?
- How many units should you start considering moving past 3D printing and do injection molding?
- Possibility of using an off shelf enclosure?
- An Arduino Pro Mini Clone for $1.40
- Uses the LogicGreen LGT8F328
- The LGT8F328 is a “clone” of the Atmega328P
- Arduino compatible out of the box
- Understanding Ground Planes in Your Two-Layer PCB
- How to design your PCB around 2 layers and a single ground plane
- PCB Design Guidelines
- Older article but it checks out
- Covers part placement, reducing EMI, and DFM
- How PCBs are Made
- New video series from Digi-Key “An Intro to KiCad”
- SIPLACE BulkFeeder
- Using computer vision to pick up chip parts on a pick and place at Ludicrous Speed without the normal tape and reel
- O RLY Cover Generator
- Design your own O RLY parody book covers.
MacroFab Engineering Podcast
This week on the MEP EP #115: From A Current Perspective, Stephen explains what Operational Transconductance Amplifiers are and Parker promises to work on his Gameboy VGA project. Listen here.
MacroFab Platform Updates
- Gerbers in the newer X2 format should process correctly now in the PCB interface
- The platform now accepts more designator-range variations in the BOM import process, reducing the number of clicks between you and your order
- Knowledge Base rework in progress
MacroFab IRL Events
- Twitter Chat Info
- Join Parker on Twitter every Friday with #MacroFab to talk about PCB design, assembly, and the latest hashtags
- April 13th Friday at 1PM CST
- Hardware & Electronics Engineering Meetup by MacroFab & Mouser Electronics
- Houston Hardware Happy Hour
- 6PM CST on May 3rd at Slowpokes
- First Thursday of each month
- Bring hacks and hang out