Welcome back everyone! This week on the MacroFab Roundup: Drawing Robots, The life of the LM383, PCB Via designs and considerations, Circuit Toolboxes, and Embedded Capacitance Materials.
Interesting Links and Articles
- Drawbot Badge: Hackaday Workshop and #Badgelife Experience
- Wanting to inspire people to get into DIY CNC, Barton Dring designed a conference badge that draws on post it notes!
- Project is Open Sourced on Github
- The Dual In-Line Package and How It Got That Way
- Hackaday article by Dan Maloney about how the DIP IC package was created
- The LM383 Story
- The life of the LM383 audio power amplifier and how it relates to the TDA2002 amplifier
- ASCII SCHEMATICS!
- Which Via Should I Choose? A Guide to Vias in PCB Design
- A basic guide to what Vias are, how they are made, and the different types
- This is a cool video on how a PCB is made with vias by Würth Elektronik
- Improve your circuit toolbox – Simple designs that will save your next product
- Embedded Capacitance Material (ECM)
- ECM is a material that is embedded inside the PCB to act as a bypass capacitor
- Replaces capacitors equal to or below 0.1uF
- Essentially it is two pieces of copper foil sandwiching a thin ceramic-filled epoxy dielectric
- 3M has a presentation about how this technology works
- Consider it acting like having two inner layers really close together to form a plate capacitor
MacroFab Engineering Podcast
This week on MEP EP #145: The Vox in a Box Roxs – Stephen gives an in depth update to his Vox in a Box project! 100 Watts of Class D amplification!
MacroFab IRL Events
- Hardware & Electronics Engineering Meetup by MacroFab & Mouser Electronics
- Octavo Systems
- November 28th at 6PM