Welcome back everyone! This week on the MacroFab Roundup: DEF CON 26 Badge Add-Ons, APA102 Vs. WS2812, Tesla disruptions, and Super Conductors.
Interesting Links and Articles
- MacroFab Engineering Podcast DEF CON 26 Badge Design
- Podcast related add-on for DEF CON 26 badges
- Open source files so you can make your own!
- Are Patent Claims Coming for Your WS2812?
- APA Electronic are flexing there US Patent number US8094102B2 which is for a single full-color LED with integrated driving method upon retailers who sell World Semi products
- APA makes the APA102 and World Semi makes the WS2812
- I guess this is why we haven’t seen CREE (and other LED manufactures) make an integrated “smart” LED
- A Passion for Electronics Manufacturing
- Ramon Torres of MacroFab shares his story of how he got into electronics
- Tesla: Electronics Supply Chain Novice or Savior?
- Tesla’s inexperience with the electronics supply chain adds pressure to an already-strained market
- Seems that with the increase in electrical components in vehicles and the rise of consumer electronics we are seeing a surge in electronic components that is not being met on the supply side yet
- Top 6 Mistakes to Avoid in High Volume Electronics Manufacturing
- How to avoid costly mistakes when ramping your product to mass production
- India’s first RISC-V based Chip is Here
- RISC-V, the open source instruction set architecture, running at 400MHz
- Appears to be running a flavor of Ubuntu
- A material already known for its unique behavior is found to carry current in a way never before observed
MacroFab Engineering Podcast
This week on MEP EP #131: Scott Swaaley and MAKESafe Tools, Scott Swaaley joins Parker and Stephen to talk about power electronics, induction motors, and rewiring tall ships.
MacroFab IRL Events
- Hardware & Electronics Engineering Meetup by MacroFab & Mouser Electronics
- August 22nd at 6PM
- Houston Hardware Happy Hour
- 6PM CST on September 6th at Slowpokes
- First Thursday of each month
- Bring hacks and hang out