Welcome back everyone! This week on the MacroFab Roundup: Strandbeest sculptures, Super Cree LEDs, LTC2879X Analog Devices, and low energy displays.
Interesting Links and Articles
- Theo Jansen Invents A Faster, Simpler, Wind-Powered Strandbeest
- Wind-powered, mechanical, kinetic sculptures
- Overvoltage Protection for Harsh Industrial Environments
- How to use Analog Devices LTC2879X to protect RS485 and RS422 communication buses
- The Raspberry Pi’s Missing Power Manager Has Arrived!
- The LiFePO4wered/Pi+ is a crowd sourced solution for powering your raspberry pi
- Offers auto startup and shutdown functionality to the raspberry pi
- Has built in lithium battery charging and management
- Fully printed flexible display offers low power for simple IoT devices
- Low power and flexible displays will open up a wide variety of product and design applications for Engineers
- Cree claims density record with 264 lm/mm2
- Cree has a new line of LEDs called the XD16
- Available on Mouser
- 2Amps @ 3.07V in a 1.6mm x 1.6mm package o_O
- Tips on How To Succeed in an ECE Major
MacroFab Engineering Podcast
This week on MEP EP #133: Tales From an Electrical Engineer – Ideas on Mechanical Design, Parker modifies car parts and assembles the Thermal Detonator and Stephen starts working with STM32 microcontrollers.
MacroFab IRL Events
- Hardware & Electronics Engineering Meetup by MacroFab & Mouser Electronics
- August 15th at 6PM
- Houston Hardware Happy Hour
- 6PM CST on September 6th at Slowpokes
- First Thursday of each month
- Bring hacks and hang out
- MacroFab Design Contest: Blink an LED Sponsored by Mouser Electronics
- Four $500 USD cash prizes!
- Contest runs August 8th, 2018 @ 8AM CST through September 10th, 2018 @ 8AM CST