Welcome back everyone! This week on the MacroFab Roundup: Taking your prototype to production, Blinking LEDs for cash, and will AI take Hardware Engineer’s jobs?
Interesting Links and Articles
- Startup JITX Uses AI to Automate Complex Circuit Board Design
- Currently Engineers need to route every single trace on a PCB
- Auto Routers in current EDA Tools perform sub optimal at best
- JITX wants to take a software defined approach to hardware
- Engineer writes in what parts they want and the locations, AI routes the board
- Step by Step Guide to Go from Prototype to Production with MacroFab
- Our Enterprise Account Manager Taylor Smith has written a thorough guide on how to build your product from prototyping to production with MacroFab
- Bypass Capacitor Sequencing
- What is the proper way to handle the VCC pin of a integrated circuit?
- Should you sequence the power through a bypass cap into the IC or just go to the power plane
- MacroFab Design Contest: Blink an LED Sponsored by Mouser Electronics
- New design contest for the MacroFab Engineering Podcast!
- It is all about blinking LEDs
- Contest runs from August 8th, 2018 @ 8AM CST through September 10th, 2018 @ 8AM CST
- How to Package Your New Hardware Product
- John Teel of Predictable Designs covers the different aspects of packaging your product and what to take into account when designing it
- John was a previous guest on the MacroFab Engineering Podcast MEP EP#106.
- A Thermal Management Example (Part 2: When Datasheets Attack)
- The importance of understanding thermal load management and when you can not trust the datasheet maximum values for a part
- DigiKey has loads of information in there “eewiki“
- What Is Embedded System Design? Defining an Electrical Engineering Field
- With the power of modern microcontrollers increasing where is the cutoff between an embedded system and a computer?
- Is there a way to quantify what a embedded system is?
MacroFab Engineering Podcast
This week on MEP EP #132: Does not respond after opening LOUD?, Stephen and Parker announce the MacroFab Design Contest and discuss learning about FPGAs and the uTracer.
MacroFab IRL Events
- Hardware & Electronics Engineering Meetup by MacroFab & Mouser Electronics
- Next WEEK!
- August 15th at 6PM
- Houston Hardware Happy Hour
- 6PM CST on September 6th at Slowpokes
- First Thursday of each month
- Bring hacks and hang out